We have a double feature for you today as we go heavy on spoilers as we talk about the newest Blade Runner: Blade Runner 2049. We start to unpack everything that happened in this film as well as getting a temperature check on how everyone feels about it.
Please excuse the animal noise in this episode, the animals were very excited to see us.
For a more detailed episode description we talked about:
- We talk about how we are feeling after recently watching the film and talk about how spectacular this film looks.
- We talk about the pacing of the film, which is a valid talking point for a film that is 2 hours and 43 minutes.
- How André was thrilled with the film and is always in a mood for more fully fleshed out Sci-Fi.
- Ben airs some of his complaints about the film and how it tries so hard to be in the Blade Runner universe that is coming off feeling a little overdone.
- We somehow find our way back to how beautiful the film was, actually I know exactly how we get back there the film is really beautiful.
- We then get into the nitty gritty bits of the stories and try to answer each of each other’s questions, results vary in effectiveness.
- We talk about the core story around one of the memories “K” has to deal with that brings up a fair bit of conversation as we don’t necessarily come to a conclusion on what actually happens.
- We briefly ponder, in disgust, of what would happen if they spun this off into a TV series or if there happens to be another sequel.
- We try to pick up a few other plot points that left us pondering the aspects of the movie, but we for sure do not have the answers.
- We talk about how great Harrison Ford is in this film.
- How this film seems to enjoy the slow death of a lot of women, as well as the treatment of women overall, and how we are definitely not okay with any of that.
- Finally, we all hope for more Sci-Fi films and imagine that we are on the verge of Sci-Fi renaissance.
- We close out with what are each of our Sci-fi names.
(Recorded on October 8, 2017)
Join us on an “every other week” schedule, as we talk through a variety of films, the humor we find in them, and the food we make for them.
And read our posts at getmunchedup.com