Halloween Season is here and with it an opportunity to dive a little deeper into a genre we are very unfamiliar with: Horror. We enlist the help of our friend Tim to navigate us through the genre as we watch the interesting and unique take on the genre: Cabin in the Woods.
For a more detailed episode description we talked about:
- the multitude of ways we can say Tim’s last name, Jolliff.
- the reasoning behind why we decided to watch Cabin in the Woods, and the food choices that were spawned off of it.
- we talk about our drinking rules for this film and our love of Appletinis
- we hit on our gut feelings after we finished with our viewing experience and how we were all feeling pretty great about the film
- all of the connections to the horror films that came before it
- we imagine a CLUE-like cut of this film if they had had more options in what monsters ultimately attacked the college students
- André shares his read on the corporation in the film
- and we talk about just how unique the film felt and how we all enjoyed our experience
- we talk about each of our draft picks
- we dive into the nitty-gritty of some of the story beats that has Ben feeling a little weird about it
- from there we talk about our roles in a zombie apocalypse and whether or not we would survive.
(Recorded on October 22, 2017)
Join us on an “every other week” schedule, as we talk through a variety of films, the humor we find in them, and the food we make for them.
And read our posts at getmunchedup.com