Our second entry into the Tabletop Series, has us visiting the wild world of Robin Williams’ classic: Jumanji. We review the film and talk about our experience watching the film all these years later.
For a more detailed episode description we talked about:
- We clear the air on the viability of this as a board game movie
- We dive into our food concept for this film, which heavily featured banana leaves
- The originally released board game, and its connection to the movie
- Jumandré, the modified Jumanji board game that André made up for us to play
- How child actors can be hit and miss and how Stranger Things and The Florida Project have had great performances from child actors.
- We roll our conversation to Jumanji: Return of the Jungle and ponder on the connective tissue between the two films
- Leanna going to see Jumanji: Return to the Jungle and reporting back to us on her findings
- whether or not Robin Williams is a good actor
- and joke about a variety of horrible sequel titles
Join us next time as we talk about Battleship, which we hope is just us gushing about how great Rihanna is.
(Recorded on November 18, 2017)
Join us on an “every other week” schedule, as we talk through a variety of films, the humor we find in them, and the food we make for them.
And read our posts at getmunchedup.com