We finally get around to watching Demolition Man, a film that we have been planning to do for years, and that means it is time to talk a knitting Sylvester Stallone, an absolutely peppy Sandra Bullock, and a chilling and great Wesley Snipes.
For a more detailed episode description we talked about:
- The sheer quantity of known actors in this film, and all of the wondrous films they have gone on to star in.
- The drinking rules, which are a doozy this time around
- Our confusion about how Sylvester Stallone because “a thing”
- Ben completely talks out his ass about Sylvester Stallone’s acting career and Action films of the 80s
- We compare Dwanye “The Rock” Johnson and Stallone, and if one of them is better
- A highlight of the film for us, the score and the zany nature of it
- Our overall thoughts on the Demolition Man, and our conflicted thoughts on it
- We dive into the politics of the film and whether or not it fully speaks with a unified voice
- How the film imagined future technology and what it got right and wrong
- We try to decipher how the three shells are used in the film in a segment called: The Three Shell Problem
- Finally, we figure out how the franchise wars were won
(Recorded on February 11, 2018)
Join us on an “every other week” schedule, as we talk through a variety of films, the humor we find in them, and the food we make for them.
And read our posts at getmunchedup.com