With the “Holy Grail of Pop Culture” in theaters now, and the lovable metallic being playing a large role in the marketing for the film, we figured it was time to sit down and watch the film that has garnered a solid cult following: Iron Giant.
For a more detailed episode description we talked about:
- Ben struggles over how to start this podcast, and the cat finds away to get us to talk about him
- Ready Player One and Ben continues to stumble over himself with the various Bird-men out there
- our menu for this film with the connective tissue of the vitamin Iron
- it takes a little bit to get there but we eventually talk about Iron giant and the themes it lays on pretty heavily and to great effect
- André dives into his thoughts about the film as someone who was worried about it considering it was a “kids film”
- the films small moments of impact that are no easy to pull off, but are effective when executed well
- our drinking rules for the film
- which leads us into the our respective moments where we recognized Vin Diesel as a worthwhile actor for the role
- Ben gets up on his soap box and tells you why Mission Impossible is the franchise that shouldn’t be as good as it is today
- We wrap up with some films we have been watching and our quick thoughts on them
Links we talked about during the podcast
(Recorded on February 11, 2018)
Join us on an “every other week” schedule, as we talk through a variety of films, the humor we find in them, and the food we make for them.
And read our posts at getmunchedup.com